People have a really hard time managing their finances. If you are passionate about improving financial decision making using behavioral economics insights, while speeding up the change using digital technology, contact us to start moving the needle together.
Behavioral Economics Consulting
My team and I are passionate about putting behavioral economics research to practice. Below are sample outcomes from our real-world experiences:
· The US Department of Defense – designed a digital nudge that was 100x more effective than the control
· Acorns – used mental accounting to increase sign-ups by 4x
· idomoo – applied personalization and visualization to boost engagement by 25x
· Personal Capital – optimized the information architecture to decrease spending by 15%
· Voya Financial – implemented visual cues to boost savings by 10%
If you are an established financial institution, or a fintech company passed the A round, and you are interested in our insights for your business, please get in touch.
People are different. That’s a basic fact of human nature. Consider loss aversion. On average, losses hurt twice as much as gains feel good, a behavioral principle with important implications. However, this average conceals a large amount of variation, with one third of individuals showing much higher levels of loss aversion and one third showing much lower levels.
To help people make better financial decisions, I’ve developed a series of personalized finance tools that can measure individuals across a range of important behavioral preferences and traits, from loss aversion to present bias. Based on the findings of these assessment tools, financial institutions can deliver customized portfolios and overall financial plans that reflect who people really are and what they really want.
If you are intrigued by our technology solutions, don't hesitate to reach out.
In developing these impactful behavioral interventions and tools, I gratefully benefit from the knowledge and expertise of a diverse group of colleagues who serve as academic advisors to my company:
· David Faro, London Business School
· Hal Hershfield, UCLA
· Katy Milkman, Wharton
· John Payne, Duke
· Richard Thaler, University of Chicago, Nobel Laureate
If you’d like to book me for a talk, feel free to get in touch.